Benchmark Bourbon Old No.8
In 1773, three McAfee Brothers named James, George and Robert left Virginia westward to explore the uncharted territory that would later become known as Kentucky. Traveling by canoe at first, the McAfee Company eventually followed a native trail overland that led to the great buffalo crossing, where the brothers surveyed the land now home to the world’s most award-winning distillery – Buffalo Trace Distillery. The surveyor marks left behind are known as benchmarks and this bourbon whiskey honors the pioneering spirits of these early American explorers.
The nose bears caramel notes with a delicate stone-fruit backdrop. A robust and sturdy palate with some fine leather notes mingling with dry tobacco, a touch of oak and a hint of dried cherries. The finish is smooth and calming.
- 2019 Silver Medal - New York World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Outstanding - Whiskies of the World
- 2019 Silver Medal - North American Bourbon & Whiskey Competition
- 2019 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Gold Medal - New York International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2018 "Tried & True" - 92 points - Ultimate Spirits Challenge